All schools are eligible to receive the Office 365 suite of applications at no cost. Any student or teacher can use their school email address to install Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other applications from the Microsoft Office Professional family on up to 5 devices. As well as access to Office Online, meaning you can use the Office applications with a web browser without having them installed. Additionally, your Office 365 account comes with 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage, removing the need for Staff and Students to carry external hard drives or USB pen drives, therefore improving document security by using the built-in OneDrive feature which can be accessed on any device from anywhere.
You are probably used to using Office 365 for your emails and maybe a calendar, but Office 365 offers many powerful tools that can be used in your school, over the next few weeks we will be publishing a number of articles on what these tools are and how you can use them in your school. Each part includes information on how this would of practical use to you and your school All these tools and applications are provided at no extra cost to your school and can be set up for you by your R&M technician.
Over the next few weeks we plan to cover;
- Part 1 – Microsoft OneDrive
- Part 2 – Distribution groups
- Part 3 – Shared calendars
- Part 4 – Collaboration areas (SharePoint)
- Part 5 – Office on your mobile devices
- Part 6 – How to Set up Resource & Room Booking Calendar
- Part 7 – Secure sensitive data with document and email encryption
- Part 8 – OneNote & OneNote Classroom